Friday, August 8, 2008

Good or Bad Laydown?

The villain has been playing a tight, solid game. I have been reasonably active, but not out of line. I am playing with this guy at two tables. I have shown Aces get cracked twice in big pots, a nut flush vs. a baby flush and some good top pair type hands. I took his raise UTG to be a decent hand. 88+, AQo+. So, I leaned more to the bigger raise because I figured that I would get a call from a tight range of hands. He made what appeared to be a crying call. He nearly timed out before making the call.

I wasn't all that thrilled about the flop, but his raise set off the red flags. I figured that he would reraise with KK preflop, so the hands that I can see him raising are 99, TT, JJ, AQ and maybe QQ. I didn't think he was the type to push his draws this hard.

After calling his flop raise, his virtual All-in turn bet forced me to fold. Granted I was a little gun shy because I had AA cracked twice in the previous hour by 99 flopping a set. The more that I think about the hand, I think that there was a decent chance that he had AQ. What do you think? Good or bad laydown?

Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

Seat 1: DuraAce ($141.25)
Seat 2: primemutton ($100.90)
Seat 3: DegenerateTrash ($104.25) -
Seat 4: TNN4731 ($118.10) Sitting Out
Seat 5: Chomper44 ($118.40) -
Seat 6: iemdavid ($179) Sitting Out
Seat 7: TheJunkie ($197.20) -
Seat 8: briancheng ($147.95)
Seat 9: yea right b ($107.30)


PRE-FLOP:

Chomper44 posts small blind $0.50
TheJunkie posts BIG blind $1
Dealt To: TheJunkie


RAISE briancheng ($3)
FOLD yea right b
FOLD DuraAce
FOLD primemutton
FOLD DegenerateTrash
FOLD Chomper44
RAISE TheJunkie ($12)
CALL briancheng ($9)


FLOP:

Pot: $24.5
   

BET TheJunkie ($12)
RAISE briancheng ($35)
CALL TheJunkie ($23)


TURN:

Pot: $94.5
     

CHECK TheJunkie
BET briancheng ($70)
FOLD TheJunkie
UNCALLED briancheng ($70)
MUCK briancheng

briancheng collected $91.5 from main pot

SUMMARY:
Total pot: $94 Rake: $3

Final Board:
    

Seat 1: DuraAce didnt bet folded - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)
Seat 2: primemutton didnt bet folded - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)
Seat 3: DegenerateTrash button didnt bet folded - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)
Seat 4: TNN4731 is sitting out - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)
Seat 5: Chomper44 small blind folded before the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-0.5)
Seat 6: iemdavid is sitting out - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)
Seat 7: TheJunkie big blind folded on the Turn - Net Gain/Loss: ($-47)
Seat 8: briancheng collected 91.50, mucked - Net Gain/Loss: ($44.5)
Seat 9: yea right b didnt bet folded - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)


Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

No comments: