Saturday, August 23, 2008

Full Tilt Withdrawal Issues Update

In a previous post, I mentioned how Full Tilt's cash pickup option was the best thing since sliced bread. Well, fate would have it that they removed this option only a couple of days after I was fortunate enough to get my money. That's a bad beat.

So, now I'm back to the unsolved mystery of finding out how I can withdraw money from my Full Tilt account. Well, today I was fortunate to stumble across a post on P5s that mentioned the Full Tilt Forums. Now for all of this year, I have almost exclusively played on Full Tilt and not once was I told or heard about their forums. The link is actually and obscure link at the bottom of their website. After visiting the forums, I came across a most glorious forum titled, Players Transactions. Basically, this is a forum to conduct various player transactions. The threads of most interest to me were people trying to trade Full Tilt cash for PokerStars cash. Ding! Ding! Ding! Of course, there is a price for everything. I was able to successfully exchange $520 in Full Tilt cash for $500 in PokerStars cash. It sucks to pay this $20 fee, which is negotiable between the two parties, but this is a small price to pay in order to get my check in a timely fashion and not be worried about it bouncing.

Be sure to read the "sticky" posts before you conduct your first transaction. To no one's surprise there are scammers out there, so they give you some tips and even have a list of suspected scammers.

As a side note, you can also by FT points on this forum. They usual sale for $4 - $4.50 per 1000 points. So, I may be able to get my table faster than I expected.

No comments: