Sunday, July 20, 2008

Is it really possible to lay down AA PreFlop?

Needless to say, this was initially a painful spot, but ultimately an "easy" lay down on the bubble of a satellite into the $535 Full Tilt $1M Guarantee tourney. I was #2 in chips of the remaining players. Even though this guy had shoved All-in several times in a row, I couldn't risk bubbling with such a deep stack knowing that there were plenty of 4k-ish short stacks. As I've shown in a previous post, AA in not invincible.

For the record, this is the first time that I've folded AA preflop, live or online, in my poker playing career. I've always wondered if I would have the discipline to make the correct decision. I guess I do.

FYI, I won a seat after the bubble burst five hands later.

Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

Seat 2: TheJunkie ($18,017) -
Seat 3: jvcuevas ($4,411) -
Seat 5: ShipITUPS ($14,447)
Seat 6: Rich Craft ($7,819)
Seat 8: juliotrimmer ($26,637)
Seat 9: StoliMan ($9,676) -


PRE-FLOP:

TheJunkie posts small blind $300
jvcuevas posts BIG blind $600
Dealt To: TheJunkie


ANTE TheJunkie ($75)
ANTE jvcuevas ($75)
ANTE ShipITUPS ($75)
ANTE Rich Craft ($75)
ANTE juliotrimmer ($75)
ANTE StoliMan ($75)
FOLD ShipITUPS
FOLD Rich Craft
RAISE juliotrimmer ($26562)
FOLD StoliMan
FOLD TheJunkie
FOLD jvcuevas
UNCALLED juliotrimmer ($25962)
MUCK juliotrimmer

juliotrimmer collected $1950 from main pot

SUMMARY:
Total pot: $1 Rake: $0

Seat 2: TheJunkie small blind folded before the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-375)
Seat 3: jvcuevas big blind folded before the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-675)
Seat 5: ShipITUPS folded before the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-75)
Seat 6: Rich Craft folded before the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-75)
Seat 8: juliotrimmer collected 1,950, mucked - Net Gain/Loss: ($1275)
Seat 9: StoliMan button folded before the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-75)


Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

No comments: