Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I want to be a Sit-n-Go King

This post is from my old blog back in February 2008:

I think that I have found my poker niche, Sit-n-gos. Cash games are too boring for me and MTTs, which I love, are hard to maintain any kind of stable profits without winning. SnGs are relatively quick, I can gain a decent ROI and they allow me to use my favorite NL Hold'em weapon, "All-in", to beat on people. We'll, I have been reading a lot of posts on the major forums and watched a bunch of SnG videos from Cardrunners and PXF. All of this has taught me a lot, but I know that I have a lot of room for growth. Currently, I am grinding out the $11 turbos on FullTilt. I love turbos because we get into push/fold mode pretty quick. I am making money, but not nearly as much as I think that I can make. My goal is to be a regular $200+ buy-in SnG player by the end of 2008.

Well, I have decided to take my training a step further and hire a coach. I've bit the bullet and decided to work with Jennifear from pocketfives. She is a winning and respected low stakes SnG teacher. I contacted her the other day and we are scheduling my first lesson. She sent me an email that kind of blew my mind. She was able to dissect a lot of my known SnG leaks based on the stats from my play. I was impressed with her analysis. Anyway, here is a quote from the end of her email. Not sure if it was just her sales pitch, but I'll take it. LOL.

"I'm really looking forward to this. It's obvious to me that

- you love this game
- you are very good at this game
- you want to get better so you seek help
- you have the potential to be very very very freaking good

I can't wait to help you get there.

Jen"

That's 3 very's and 1 freaking, but who's counting.

No comments: