Thursday, November 20, 2008

GG 2008

I know there's still a little over a month left in the year, but I've decided to use this time as a transition period. My #1 goal in poker for 2008 was to establish and maintain sound bankroll management practices. The lack of proper BR discipline has killed me in prior years. Well, I think I was able to accomplish that goal with flying colors. (At least on Full Tilt. Still working on Stars.) As the year comes to a close, I'm starting to think about poker goals for 2009.

In 2008, I was able to grow my bankroll by 700% and that doesn't include the thousands that I cashed out via check or P2P. I hope to continue this trend for next year. In order to help with this cause, I plan on hiring a cash game and a MTT coach. I've worked with a few people this year, but none have stuck so far. For the past month, I've been running bad in my cash games. Maybe when I was winning, I was just a bad player running good. Either way, significantly improving my cash game and MTT play is at the top of my preliminary list of 2009 goals. I'll quantify these goals later. There's a lot of money to be made playing poker and I want more than my fair share. (Greedy Americans) I've always wanted to have complete financial freedom and as of now, poker seems to be the most viable short term solution.

So, during my transition into 2009, I plan on doing more training than playing. Primarily by watching a ton of Cash Game and MTT videos from PXF, Cardrunners and DeucesCracked. I have been a member of PXF and CR for a couple of years and rarely watch videos. I joined DC a few week ago. This is definitely a leak that I need to plug. And as I mentioned before, I plan on hiring a couple of coaches and getting in a few sessions. This will put a little dent in my BR, but in the end it should be well worth it. I also want to try and make a name for myself in the online MTT scene. In Late-October/Early-November, I had a little taste of success and I loved it. Most of the top 100 in the Pocket 5s rankings were virtual unknowns at the beginning of 2008. Hopefully, I can start my story in early 2009.

I'll have a 2 week vacation from my 9-to-5 around xmas. I plan on using that time to put in some volume, depending on where I'm at in my training. I really would love to win a seat into the PCA, but Stars doesn't run many good satellites for the PCA Sunday Mega Sat. My official list of goals will be posted early next year.

Good luck at the tables.....that I'm not sitting at.

No comments: