Monday, November 17, 2008

FTOPS X: Main Event

Here we are. The FTOPS Main Event. The tourney that I've been looking forward to playing for three months since my deep run in the last FTOPS ME. This is the last big online tourney for the year, so that added to the anticipation.

I love playing poker and playing on Full Tilt, but it can be so fucking cruel at times. In a nutshell, it came and went so fast that I was in shock after that dreadful pop-up appeared that said "Dumbass, you're out the Tournament." I was so pissed that I had to go smoke for the first time in over 3 months. I "knew" what he had, but my style of play is so risky, that I couldn't bare to take the safe way out in this situation. I guess karma is a bitch because earlier, I had been discussing with another player about not folding KK preflop in an online tourney. LOL, Doh.

Overall, this was my most profitable FTOPS. I only had one cash, but it was a decent score and I won multiple Main Event seats. My last FTOPS was profitable for me as well. Hopefully, that trend will continue and I can make a big score in the next FTOPS which should be held in February.

Hand #1 aka The Bustout Hand: The tourney started off very well for me. I was getting some good cards and picking up some chips. I was up to about 9800 chips within the first half an hour. Then everything came to a screeching halt. This was the perfect setup for this guy. He was in the BB with a classic squeeze situation to disguise the strengh of this hand. When he basically put me all in, I figured that most typical online players would take this line with QQ+ and AK. Some donks with an even wider range. I definitely feared AA, but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to fold. Better luck next time.

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 30/60 Blinds, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: 9,096
SB: 6,404
BB: 10,490
UTG: 7,160
UTG+1: 7,435
UTG+2: 7,225
Hero (MP1): 9,180
MP2: 15,287
CO: 4,500

Pre-Flop: (90) K K dealt to Hero (MP1)
3 folds, Hero raises to 180, 2 folds, BTN calls 180, SB folds, BB raises to 750, Hero raises to 2,400, BTN folds, BB raises to 6,000, Hero raises to 9,180 and is All-In, BB calls 3,180

Flop: (18,570) 5 2 3 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Turn: (18,570) 2 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
River: (18,570) J (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 18,570 Pot
BB showed A A (two pair, Aces and Twos) and WON 18,570 (+9,390 NET)
Hero showed K K (two pair, Kings and Twos) and LOST (-9,180 NET)

No comments: