Friday, October 9, 2009

The Comeback of All Comebacks

Well, the streak of venting on this blog leading to a tourney score continues. A couple days after my quick rant, I finally made a final table and closed the deal. This was a decent pickup, financially and emotionally.

I was able to keep my composure after getting pretty short stacked to make the final two tables. Then I sucked out versus a reg to make the final table. When HU came along I started down 3 to 1, but was able to take the chip lead. Then I managed to get down $73k to $1.4M and win the tourney. This was just amazing. Granted there was some luck involved, but a comeback that I'm proud of nonetheless. Hopefully, this will kick start my next upswing.

Note: My downswing on fulltilt is still in effect, so I am free to bitch about that. :-)

Suckout #1 vs PetieBigStacks from FullTilt:



I have shoved over this guys button raises 2 or 3 hands in a row and was counting on him making a tilt call.



I started HU down 3 to 1 and this save on the turn was a sign of things to come.



I was hoping for a hero call since I played my hand pretty weak.



After managing to take the chip lead, I got it in with a draw, only to be drawing dead on the turn. Notice my stack at the end of the hand. I am down to about $73k.



The start of my run.



I win a 60/40.



Suckout #2.



A sick hold.


No comments: