Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Good Advice

I was trolling through 2+2 today and came across a thread and response that hit home.

Original Thread:
How do you..
So last night I came pretty close to my first BIG cash, I haven't been an MTT player for long, about a month now.

First time i've really been that close to a large amount of money, but managed to go out in 13th, after being top 5 for a long time.

How do you guys deal with this? As i'm sure you've experienced it before.

I just generally feel like **** today, so close and the money I won doesn't seem to matter at all!
Just feel like that big MTT win will never come around..

Thanks
- Lncredible

Response:
if you don't have thick skin in this game you will never be as successful as you want to be. So many good players limit themselves b/c they dwell on their beats and misfortunes. You just have to let it go.
- M1cKmAcK


This is definitely something that I needed to read. I've been running like shit all year on full tilt and now that run bad is spilling over to PokerStars. Gotta try to stay positive and keep my cool during this downswing. Hopefully, it'll all come together when I'm on the verge of that huge score.

Good Luck!

No comments: