Friday, February 6, 2009

The Collapse

A few weeks ago, Full Tilt increased the starting chip stacks for the Nightly 50/50 tourney from 2k to 3k. This was great, but every since the change, for some reason, I hadn't made a deep run in this tournament. Prior to the change, I had 2nd, 3rd and 5th place finishes.

Well, last night I could finally see the writing on the wall. This was supposed to be my night to finally make it back to the another final table. With about 40 people left, I had chipped up to a nice stack which put me at the top of the leader board. I had about 250k.

As you can guess by the title of this post, poker can be a cruel game. The stacks were such that I couldn't fold any of my hands and I doubled up 4 different people. So, in a matter of 16 hands, I go from the chip leader to out in 31st place without tangling with any other big stack. This was the toughest way to go out of a tourney that I've ever had. Hopefully, this will lead to a run good stretch because I am due. A gold jersey would be nice. :)

Hand #1: The beginning of the end. I had told myself that I would fold to this guy's first SB shove without a AT+, 77+, KQ, type hand because he had gave me several walks, but I couldn't click the button.




Folded 1 hand.

Hand #2: Fairly easy call for me.




Folded 5 hands.

Hand #3:




Folded 1 hand.

Hand #4: I know the raiser is a solid player but this is an insta iso-shove with our stacks.




Folded 1 hand.

Hand #5: Sick




Folded 2 hands.

Hand #6 aka The Bustout Hand: Go figure.




For those keeping count, that's $250k to $0 in 16 hands. Take nothing for granted.

No comments: