Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quick Update

This year started off with a bang. Picked up a win and had another session which I final tabled two MTTs at the same time. Wow, what a difference a week makes. I can say that I am well on my way to playing in 1000 MTTs for the year, but not much else has gone to plan this past week. The usual run bad stories. If I'm ahead, I get ran down, or I get coolered or my bluffs run into monsters....blah, blah, blah.

Last night's session was the first since I updated my resolutions, which I really tried to focus on being more decision oriented rather than results oriented. I must say that overall, the session went a lot smoother. There were a few bad decisions and no cash, but it helped me avoid tilting after a few beats. Practice makes perfect, so hopefully this will make for a better year.

Although, I have only had like one baby cash in the past week, technically, I'm up. I won two Sat seats into this Sunday's Full Tilt $1M Guarantee tourney. The buy-in is $535. I used one for the tourney and one for my FTOPS Event #10 buy-in. I hope to win a couple more seats. That would lock up all of my FTOPS buy-ins very early and let me focus on my MTTs for the P5s OT Competition. BTW, the draft is supposed to start today.

No comments: