Friday, February 5, 2010

2009 Wrap-up and 2010 Resolutions

Well, this is a bit late, but better late than never.

I ended 2009 on a sour note. Nothing like the end of 2008. But 2010 has started off pretty good. I've have my 5th winningest month since January 2009.

Now on to the 2009 wrap-up. Here are my 2009 resolutions and my thoughts about each, a year later.

1) Continue to maintain solid Bankroll Management rules
I was able to play well within my bankroll limitations. Even though I am just a part time poker player, I manage to not blow my roll by playing MTTs that I'm not rolled for. Spending my money on "toys" is a different story.

2) Grow my bankroll to $100k
Due to some life issues, I had to regularly take money out of my poker accounts to pay bills and such. Even without that, I wouldn't have hit this goal, but woulda been a helluva lot closer than I am now.

3) Win a seat into the WSOP ME
Although I didn't directly win a seat into the WSOP ME, I still was fortunate to play in it. I hit a $6k score in Vegas and was back by a few friends. I didn't cash, but definitely want to play again this year.

4) Win a 5-figure score
Technically, I had 2 5-fig scores, but one was for 19k and another score was just short, $9400.

5) Play 1000 MTTs
Hit this. Kinda hard to know the exact number because all of my databases include sats, but even if I take out 30% of that total, I exceeded 1000 MTTs.

6) Play 60,000 cash game hands
What's a cash game?

7) Climb up to $5/$10 6max
See #6 above.

8) Reach the Pocket 5s Top 15 MTT players for North Carolina.
I was at 15 for a couple of weeks at one point. Finished #17.

9) Develop a regular MTT and Cash Game training regiment
I had a few coaches and went through spurts of a decent training regiment, but this is definitely something that I need to continue to work on.

10) Win 10 MTTs
Only won 4.

Here goes my 2010 list (see any similarities?):
1) Continue to maintain solid Bankroll Management rules
2) Cash in the WSOP ME
3) Win a 6-figure score
4) Play 2000 MTTs
5) Finish in the Pocket 5s Top 10 ranking for North Carolina.
6) Develop a regular MTT training regiment
7) Make some online buddies that can help improve my game.
8) Win 10 MTTs
9) Play in a $5k+ buy-in non-WSOP live tournament.
10) Play in 10 PokerStars Big Sunday tourneys
11) Play in 10 FTP Big Sunday tourneys
12) Play in at least 10 FTOPS and 2 WCOOP events.

Most of all I want to dramatically improve my game. Good Luck to all!

No comments: