Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Secret to Making Money in Poker Tourneys

Two things that I really believe that help in all facets of life.

1) Staying positive. This is my biggest challenge because I am a huge football and basketball fan. I grew up in a sports family so being emotionally involved is normal. I'm trying to work on not getting too high or too low. It can be difficult at times when going through stretches without a single cash. My poker chant while playing in tourneys is, "I'm gonna win this tournament." Feel free to use it the next time you play.

2) Charity. This is not so hard for me. I grew up not having anything so it's always been easy for me to give time or money to the less fortunate because I've been there most of my life and 90% of my family is still there. One of my New Year's resolutions was to give at least $20 each week to some charity or church. I've kept true to this for like 90% of the time. Whenever I find that I forgot a week, I'll double up the following week.

Try adding this to your life. I promise you it will help.

No comments: